13.10 Organization of Functions Distributed with Octave
Many of Octave's standard functions are distributed as function files.
They are loosely organized by topic, in subdirectories of
octave-home/lib/octave/version/m, to make it easier
to find them.
The following is a list of all the function file subdirectories, and the
types of functions you will find there.
- Functions for playing and recording sounds.
- Functions for design and simulation of automatic control systems.
- Elementary functions.
- Miscellaneous matrix manipulations, like
triu, as well as other basic functions, like
- Image processing tools. These functions require the X Window System.
- Input-ouput functions.
- Functions for linear algebra.
- Functions that don't really belong anywhere else.
- A set of functions that implement the Matlab-like plotting functions.
- Functions for manipulating polynomials.
- Functions for creating and manipulating sets of unique values.
- Functions for signal processing applications.
- Special functions.
- Functions that create special matrix forms.
- Octave's system-wide startup file.
- Statistical functions.
- Miscellaneous string-handling functions.
- Functions related to time keeping.